Ferdinando Vistarini (1540/42-1576), after the abandonment of the profession of arms, decided to take care of the ancestors’ memory, members of the most important family in the city of Lodi. Following the marriage of aunt Aurelia with count Giberto Borromeo, Ferdinando became a member of the familia of young cardinal Carlo (1560) and financed - with approval of Pio IV de' Medici - the construction of a church in the feud Zorlesco (Lodi), close to the villa family, to respect the last wishes of the father, the knight Asperando, died in 1554. For the family chapel in the church of San Lorenzo in Lodi he commissioned, to the painter Bernardino Campi and the sculptor Antonio Abondio called Ascona, an altarpiece dedicated to the theme of piety of Christ and stucco figures of saints around the family crest in the center of the vaulted ceiling. The publication of the article is an opportunity to present, in closing, some news related to the bust of Ludovico Vistarini (Lodi, Museo Civico), a valuable piece known only from 1977 and attributed by Susanna Zanuso to Angelo Marini, called Siciliano.
|Titolo:||Ferdinando Vistarini (1540/42-1576) e la Cappella della Purificazione in San Lorenzo a Lodi : committenza e memorie di famiglia|
FERRARI, ADAM (Corresponding)
|Settore Scientifico Disciplinare:||Settore L-ART/02 - Storia dell'Arte Moderna|
Settore M-STO/02 - Storia Moderna
|Data di pubblicazione:||dic-2015|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||01 - Articolo su periodico|